We welcome all inquiries about holding your marriage with us!
A Christian marriage is a time of great joy with a solemn purpose, as two people meet before the altar of God, in the presence of friends and family, to pledge to each other a lifelong union of fidelity and love. Together they seek God’s blessing on their life together.
The Episcopal Church defines what marriage means in the Liturgy for Marriage in the Book of Common Prayer. You may find this description helpful in your planning. Click here to see the Book of Common Prayer on line.
If you have questions about marriage in an Episcopal Church please contact St Paul’s PIB or the Episcopal Church closest to your home.
We follow the same basic practices as all Episcopal Churches.
- At least one of the people being married must be baptized (any Christian denomination)
- We are obliged to follow the service contained in the Book of Common Prayer and our authorized supplements.
- We are required to ensure that appropriate pre-marriage preparation has been made either by us or another approved minister.
- Because each couple has a unique situation, we normally require at least 3 months before the intended date of the marriage.
- We gladly welcome both same- and opposite-gender couples.
We can offer our parish hall and office for the wedding party’s use. St. Paul’s offers a motorized lift between floors and we’re located just a block from downtown Put-in-Bay’s extensive restaurants and lodging. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you might have!